Saturday, October 17, 2009

MSPaint Comic


Angevon's Comments:
I got bored when my main comp died in December of 2006. So...
I made this entirely in MSpaint! I have no Ragnarok Online, so couldn't take a background screenshot, no Photoshop to make the text boxes transparent. Although I do have access to the character spritesheets, I felt like drawing them freehand in Paint instead o_oa
The pecopeco was hand-drawn on paper, then scanned in & colored in Paint.

As for comments about the comic ...
You can't see the sun in RO, so that's what that's about. If it weren't for Juno city & the airship, you would never see the sky in RO either.

I've been playing lots of Final Fantasy V. If you're not familiar with the series, they have birds called Chocobos which are the basis of RO's Pecopecos. One of the more famous Chocobos is the Fat Chocobo, which is often available as a summoner class character's spell.

No lie, I had Galuf in my FF5 game as a White Mage/Summoner when he went up against Exdeath. Since I was too low on SP for the big summons, and too cheap to use Sp-healing potions, and since mages aren't melee-capable, I had to Fat Chocobo the enemy to death.

And real Chocobos say 'Wark!' not 'Kweh!' -_-
But real Pecopecos say 'Honka!'

And I don't know what possessed me to put in a mage character here who won't even be seen in the comic for another year, if not longer.

So, friend Powder Rune told me to make a 'wtf' comic for the fun of it. I think it's more like a 'hmm? o.oa' comic, though.
It took longer to make this than it takes for me to make four normal comics. It's given me a lot of respect for Aragan of Ragnarok Wisdom for using MSPaint as his primary comic-drawing medium.

Retrospective Changeover Comments:
I dunno what I'd do without my Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when computers die.. if mine died.. i would die aswell..

    ReplyDelete