Wednesday, May 13, 2009

News May 13, 2009: New Site Revealed !!


Hello, this is Angevon, and welcome to Poring Pelters' new home!

For those who didn't know, geocities is going under. I spent the last two weeks moving all the comics from there into posts here. That's 368 freaking posts. Ugh!

Yes, the new site is a blog, hosted by Blogger. For those who are unfamiliar with blogs, or really hate them, don't worry! I've tried to make the site as professional and non-blog as possible, and I am happy with the results. It looks a heck of a lot better than the old geocities did, that's for sure!

Why Blogger? There are actually many reasons I chose to go blog format.
1. It's free. Well, yeah, that's my biggest concern.
2. Ad free! Unless I turn on the AdSense option, which I won't.
3. Owned by Google, so it'll probably last :)
4. I'm allowed to edit the template. That's how I got the site looking as pretty as it is! I've used WordPress before, but you have to subscribe (pay) before you can save any changes to the template.
5. Other options suck. Period.

That sounds like a huge plug for Blogger, doesn't it? Oh well.

What's new here!
NEW COMICS. Well, not yet. I promised in May, so, I will have new comics starting Friday, May 29th. I spent so much time creating this site that I haven't had time to catch up making comics like I had planned.
Comments. You can add comments to any comic! I'm excited about this, but I'm also apprehensive, so I'm going to moderate them. I hate the spam I've seen on drunkduck comics.
Remade Prologue. I remade the old prologue comics because they were hideous, grainy JPGs! Also I didn't seem to care where I put text boxes and emotes.
Anyway, if you've ever had a friend not read my comic because the first comics were so bad, well, they have no excuse now. Muahaha.
I've kept the old version as links in my comments section.

Chapter Two is coming !!

Special thanks goes to:
Alan, for suggesting a blog.
Soma, for assisting me with the changeover and talking to me about the comic (keeps me interested in working on it!)
Tinala, for showing me her own comics, making me want to start mine again.
Powder Rune, for the fanarts and being a good friend.
Anyone who sent in hosting options or words of support. It's all appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. By the way, Ange,
    would you mind putting a Cbox for the public to comment about your comics?

    Gosh! I almost forgot everything about your comic's storyline. Such an embarrasing thing.

    First time view this page, and guess what?
    Its definitely cool! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I don't really like chatboxes. I was worried enough about allowing comments!

    I like to be in control, heh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I'm sorry.
    Freedom heh? lol =)
    Just a question,
    how you make those comics?
    Photoshop? or something else?
    (Btw, mind changing AlanHoez to just Alan? =P)

    ReplyDelete